Thursday, November 04, 2004

There is a Conspiracy Out There



... and worst of all, I feel that I brought it upon myself.

Who are the conspirators, you ask? - Well, that's the easy part, and if you play any role amongst my closer group of friends, you'd know. The duo that remains the bane of my life - Edwin Chak & Lemuel Cheong.

A brief summary of how this two got together:

The initial meeting occurred in 2002 - when Lemuel and I both suffered from verbal diarrhoea with each other, our time almost entirely spent on slagging off the rest of the world's population. ;) Valuable time spent cultivating the bitching sport into an artform, we used to say - those were good times, and yes - I miss them. ;)

Towards my final months in Melbourne - entered the second conspirator. Aye, Ed came to stay with me in Melbourne. This marked a time during which, despite violent mannerisms and conversations (if one could call them that) being carried out at a far louder volume than was usually necessary, I would easily label as one of my most memorable periods then... to a point where the weight gained during that short visit could almost be overlooked. :p

And as my unsuspecting self is wont to do - I introduced the two. The initial encounter kickstarted on a rather dismal tone, with one mistaking the other as my father, and doing the appropriate good-upbringing thing of calling him "Uncle".

A tragedy from the start, you might say.

The next 6 weeks or so then saw many dinner gatherings as a trio, with stories galore exchanged amidst guffawing laughter - usually amongst the guys, while I sat there fuming. Wouldn't take a genius to tell what the stories were bout... ;(

Suffice to say - they got along rather well. :/

-------
Fast forward 2 years, with my return to Melbourne. I decide to commit slow, drawn-out suicide by becoming housemates with the Bibster. ;)

A personal choice made - which seemed natural... for reasons of convenience, character compatibility, and simply cuz he was one of those strange few that were closest to my heart.

I mean, we got to know each other so well during those 6 months, didn't we? Nothing much worse that I wouldn't already know of by then...

Hell, was I wrong. Didn't take me long to find out either... I was living with a aspiring reporter. And not the Barbara Walters sort, mind you - but rather, more of the tabloid, doing-the-dirty sort. ;)

I kid you not.

You know that general conception about the home being a safe haven? Where your lil' secrets, personal habits, minor accidents remain within the safety of the four walls?

Gone. Guh-ON! Doesn't exist here. Nada. Zilch.

... for the pure reason of Lemuel making it his life mission to report all my minor errors to CHAK.

The phrase I fear the most nowadays: "I'm going to tell Ed."

BLAAAARGGHH.

... and like I said - saddest part of it all is: I brought it upon myself. :(



. o O declared Lid at 10:34:00 AM

template © elementopia 2003 | original clip art © squarseville