Tuesday, June 01, 2004
Hello peeps!

As most of you will know by now (the handful that read this blog anyway), I'm back in Melbourne.

And, at the risk of sounding melodramatic, it's all been kinda surreal. About 10 mins before the plane was due to land, I became kinda hyperactive and started talking nineteen to the dozen... all to the benefit of a rather dazed Shih Yang.

On a side note here, I must say that Shih Yang is a surprisingly considerate travel companion to have - if you discount all the swear words, of course. He keeps me entertained, pulling out item after item as fast as I could read them, orders drinks for me, lets me trash him in trivia games, gets practically all the bags, etc etc. As always, he's one of those rare sorts - a blessing in disguise. :)

And of course, there was the airport greeting - bloody videocammed. Courtesy of the overgrown beansprout, of course. After hearing out the bitching bout the 2-hour wait, I got to hug a friend who has been sorely missed for the last 2 years. Despite the shrunken form, he still managed to lift my FF form off the ground - for about 5 seconds la.

The drive home was quite nostalgic - but as that sounds hopeless sentimental, I'll save you from all that drivel.

Apartment was really nice - I loved it. I have an amazing bed, and the place is really clean. This may not sound like much to you, but having seen the place the previous tenant was staying at, it was nothing short of amazement. He even cleans it on weekends. All in all, it's really cozy. :)

Oh, and before I forget - this has to be put on the blog. I got the frigging scare of my life when I met the two female neighbours. One was a new friend, and she absolutely -refused- to be swayed from spouting Mandarin. Monosyllabic replies couldn't do the trick, nor did the running into the room and closing the door. It was hell. Thank goodness a slip of the tongue made it clear to me that it was a wind-up... revenge shall be taken with greater familiarity. :P

I got to eat Hill's BBQ Duck Rice at Boxhill that night... together with 3 starving friends. Two of them were girls - one who ate 20 grains of rice, and another who ate prolly bout 40. I, on the other hand, was wolfing down all the duck - with Lem commenting afterwards how glad he was that there was another person around to help him finish all the food. ;)

After that, I got a quick insight into the common Melbourne life (for me, at least) - the two girls got locked out of their apartment, and came over to our place for a quick dose of American Idol. Apparently locksmiths charge a bomb for working during the wee hours, so we told them to stay on till 9a.m., when charges would be halved. However, with about 4 hours to daylight, they decided to get the locksmith to come anyhow.

I never get to meet people like this in Singapore. See how I've missed Melbourne? :P






. o O declared Lid at 11:59:00 PM

template © elementopia 2003 | original clip art © squarseville