Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I Wanted to Tell You



Tuesday. Typical day. Long day.

As the day deteriorated, I so wanted to share things with you - again. Like before.

I wanted to tell you about the truck driver who came to see me again. The wife who came along with him this time. The expressions on their faces as I explained their options to them.

Hopelessness.

The frustration I felt when I couldn't help them.


I wanted to tell you about the irritation I felt over a classmate and partner's accent. The impatience I felt when he couldn't make himself coherent. The tinge of guilt I felt when 'imbecile' rang through my mind.


I wanted to tell you about my unexplained distractions throughout the day. My restlessness that caused me to drift more than one time, amidst the riveting stories being doled out by my stocking-clad lecturer.

I didn't need or want you to explain. I just wanted you to listen.


I wanted to tell you about the just slight fear I felt whilst waiting for the train for over half an hour. The man whose face I couldn't see, head all wrapped up in a dark green scarf. Hood over his head. Huddled in a corner, staring at his reflection - and mine.

The two policemen who came and stood in front of me, and made me feel that lil' bit better... till they started bitching bout some criminal student from Malaysia. The irony.


I wanted to tell you about the weather that took such a sudden turn for the worse. The pouring rain that greeted me upon my triumphant return to the city. The 20-minute wait that ensued.

The melancholy that comes with rain and wind - and a pretty fucked-up day. The sadness, before I laughed it away.


At which point in time can I tell you about you?


. o O declared Lid at 8:16:00 AM

template © elementopia 2003 | original clip art © squarseville